Disney Springs is set to begin it’s first phase of it’s re-opening plans from tomorrow (20th May 2020). Despite none of Disney’s theme parks having any re-opening dates in place, the admission-free Disney Springs area – full of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues is slowly rolling out it’s first phased openings, with more shops & dining following a week later.
Disney have enacted a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities ensuring they adhere to a responsible reopening of the complex.
Key Things to Know
There are 6 key things to know before arriving at Disney Springs, and they include:
- Limited parking and reduced entrances
- Temperature screenings prior to entry
- Face coverings required for Guests ages 3 and up
- Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
It remains to be seen how Disney will be able to keep the magic alive in these ever changing times but it’s a promising sign to see Disney Springs begin to open its doors once again.
What Will Be Open?
For the first phase of re-opening the following locations will be opening on May 20th 2020:
4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck
The Art Corner by Artistic Talent Group
Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza
Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers
Earl of Sandwich®
Edward Beiner Purveyor of Fine Eyewear
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company®
Luxury of Time by Diamonds International
Paradiso 37 Entertainment
The Polite Pig
Ron Jon Surf Shop®
Royally Yours by Arribas Brothers
Savannah Bee Company
Sosa Family Cigars
Sugarboo & Co.
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs Marketplace
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs West Side
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
Wine Bar George – A Restaurant & Bar
Will you be paying Disney Springs a visit? What are your thoughts about the phased re-opening & safety measures in place?
Let us know in the comments below!